IITM recruitment 2020 to fill 36 vacancies | Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology released notifications for freshers, apply for IITM jobs online @ tropmet.res.in. Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology has come up this year by releasing the number of IITM recruitment notifications to fill around 36 vacancies in different cadres like Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology Research Associate posts – 10, IITM Research Fellow jobs – 20
Advertisement Number:- PER/03/2020
iitm recruitment 2020 notification
|Name of Post||Research Associate, Research Fellow|
|No of Vacancies||30|
|Official web Portal||tropmet.res.in|
Research Associate: 10 Posts
- Qualification:- Candidates who wanted to participate in the IITM Research Associate job should have a Doctorate degree from a recognized University in Meteorology/ Atmospheric Sciences/ Oceanography/ Physics/ Applied Physics/ Geophysics with Meteorology as main subject/ Mathematics/Applied Mathematics/ Statistics/ or equivalent subjects. Well acquainted in computer programming, Linux etc. and having publications in peer-reviewed journals related to atmospheric/oceanic/climate sciences. Candidate should have a minimum 60% aggregate mark in the Master’s Degree.
- Salary Structure:- Rs. 47000/- Per Month
Research Fellow: 20 Posts
- Qualification:- Aspirants who decided to join IITM Research Fellow posts should have a Post Graduate degree with minimum 60% Marks in (Physical Sciences [includes Physics/Applied Physics/ Atmospheric Sciences/ Meteorology/ Oceanography/ Climate Science/Geophysics with Meteorology as one of the subject/Environmental Sciences/ Electronics / or equivalent subjects] / Chemical Sciences [includes Chemistry/ Physical Chemistry/ Inorganic Chemistry/ Organic Chemistry/ or equivalent subjects]/ Mathematical Sciences [includes Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics/Statistics/ or equivalent subjects] with CSIR-UGC NET (including Lectureship) /GATE OR M.Tech. with minimum 60% Marks in (Atmospheric/Oceanic Sciences or equivalent subject) with CSIR-UGC NET (including Lectureship)/GATE/qualified OR Master degree with minimum 60% marks from any branch of Engineering along with CSIR-UGC NET (including Lectureship)/GATE/ qualified. Candidates who have qualified CSIR-UGC-NET (including Lectureship) /GATE and appeared for the final year of M.Sc./ M.S./ M.Tech./ M.E. can apply for the post and should write their aggregate marks up to the latest semester they have appeared but their appointment is subject to having passed the M.Tech./M.Sc./M.S./M.E. examination as evidenced by mark sheets/provisional degree certificate. Selected candidates are required to complete a Ph.D. in Atmospheric/ Oceanic Sciences under the guidance of research scientists of this Institute. Candidates should have studied Physics or Mathematics at the Bachelor’s Degree. Candidates who have qualified through processes held at National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER, etc. at par with DST O.M. SR/S9/Z-08/2018 dated 30th January 2020 can also apply for the post.
- Salary breakup:- Rs. 31000/- Per Month
Age Limit:- Calculate the Lower and Upper age limit as on 30th April 2020.
- Research Associate: 35 years and upper age is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC and 10 years for PWD
- Research Fellow: 28 years and upper age is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC 10 years for PWD
Selection Process:- IITM will be conduct the Written Examination for Research Associate, Research Fellow vacancy, and after exams, candidates will be invited for Interview.
How to apply for IITM recruitment 2020:- Interested and Eligible Applicant may apply online through IITM official website tropmet.res.in from 6th April 2020 to 30th April 2020.
Important Dates to remember:-
Online Submission starts From: 6th April 2020
Form Submission End Date: 30th April 2020